Monday, June 28, 2010

First Quilt!

This is the quilt I've been working on for my daughter.  It has a thick polyester batting in the middle.  The three layers are only held together by the stitching on the border.  I've started tying knots in the center of the squares with embroidery floss, but I'm not done yet.  I'm hoping that will be enough to hold it all together.  My daughter loves it and sleeps with it every night. 
This is the back of the quilt.
This is a close-up of the squares.


                                                                                                     


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and a lovely showing of love to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love quilts!!! Hint hint!!! Christmas is coming!!!! Beautiful work! You'll enjoy seeing the work of one of the artists at the Art-A-Fair. She works with fabrics and it will give you great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That's going to be my next sewing project! I've made two skirts so far! So exciting! Love having this segment on your podcast! Would love to hear some of the sewing/quilting podcasts you listen too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job!!! I can't believe how you are excelling at the sewing! It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Thanks!