Thursday, July 1, 2010

i heart patchwork

This is a new sewing book I just got. It has lots of cute sewing patterns in it. Caitlyn (my daughter) wanted me to sew her this little cosmetics pouch. It was really easy and quick. It's the first time I've sewn a zipper on anything. I had to hand sew it because my sewing machine doesn't have a zipper foot.

The solid squares are made of linen and the patterned squares are made of cotton. I like the way the linen fabric looks. I notice most of the patterns in this book call for linen in a natural color. Unfortunately, my local fabric store doesn't carry linen in natural color. So I'll probably have to order some online. Actually, I think the light violet linen fits my daughter better anyway! Also, it has a solid cotton lining on the inside, which was also a first for me.


2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! You did a great job! I buy linen online at http://www.fabrics-store.com. They have a nice selection at good prices. I've been happy with what I've ordered. Have a great weekend and a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Kudos to you for hand sewing the zipper! I've been away from "blogland" and "podcast land" for a while, and I'm enjoying catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Thanks!