Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts

I'm finally all done with the nine-patch quilt!  Overall, I'm happy with it.  Let's just say the washing and drying does wonders for camouflaging mistakes. 
It's been mailed and received by my mother-in-law and she loves it!   Yay!

                                
                                 Those are my kids' handprints appliqued on the back of the quilt.


And this is a bag I sewed for my stepmom.  She's already received it in the mail and loves it!

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You did an amazing job! That's a beautiful quilt. I love the handprints. =) And the bag is beautiful too! Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - I LOVE the Tula Pink fabric on the bag. So cute! And your 9-patch Quilt is gorgeous. Great idea to applique handprints too - I might borrow that idea for a future project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do good work! Love that bag. Gonna go see about your podcast.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. Thanks!