Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Quilt For Me

Here's a block for the next quilt I'm working on.  And...it's for me!


The pattern is from this beautiful book.

And when it's done, it will look like this.

I'm using a Bliss by Moda charm pack I already had.  The pattern said I could get 6 leaves from one charm square.  Well, I got 10 leaves from one charm square.  So all the front takes is one charm pack, plus 2 yards of fabric for the background.  Not bad! 

24 leaves are appliqued onto 16 12.5 in x 12.5 in squares.  The cutting out of the leaves went by surprisingly quick!  Now I'm just ironing them on and will get them stitched.  I'm enjoying every step of the process so far!  And it's for me!  That may be the best part about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Thanks!